Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Matthew!

On the morning of 11.11.2010, we woke up bright and early to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. I woke up especially early to take a looooooong hot shower (showering post c-section is not so much fun) then we got ready and headed to the hospital. Caroline had spent the night with Matt's parents so it was nice not to have to wake her up that early.
When we got to the hospital we were whisked right into our pre-op room and the madness began. I had a scary experience with my epidural last time (I was numb up to my neck and couldn't feel myself breathe or move my arms) so to say I was nervous was an understatement. But the anesthesiologist, nurse, and nurse anesthetist were fabulous and everything went great with my epidural this time around. I didn't feel a thing and it didn't go up too high. I was still pretty panicky through the procedure but that's par for the course for me. Thankfully, everything moved SO quickly. I was wheeled back to the OR at 7:10 and at 7:33 a.m. sweet Matthew was born.
His first picture (sorry it's blurry, my doctor didn't really stop long to let us get a picture because Matthew was a lazy breather right when he was born)
Trying not to panic/waiting to hear Matthew's first cry (this pic makes me laugh...I look terrified)
Welcome to the world, Matthew!
Needing supplemental oxygen for a few minutes (I'm SO glad I didn't know this at the time!)
All better!! My TINY baby...way smaller than any of us thought he would be
"Please put me back" :-)
I could NOT stop kissing him!

Caroline got to come into our recovery room right away...I was so glad
Checking him out

It's a BOY!
This is what I did the rest of the day (and hospital stay :-)
Proud Papa!
We fell in love with this sweet face immediately!

No comments: