Matthew is 7 months (and 2 weeks :-) old!!
Matthew's 7th month included lots of firsts for our Little Man:
- As you can see from the picture above, Matthew got his FIRST tooth this month (bottom front)! I was not expecting it at all since Caroline didn't get any teeth until she was 10 months old. I will miss Matthew's sweet, gummy smile but it's fun watching him hit "big" milestones.
- Matthew took his FIRST trip to the beach
- He rolled from back to tummy for the FIRST time...now that he can roll both ways, Matthew is a lean, mean rolling maching. He rolls all over his crib/the floor to get to where he wants to go.
- FIRST bath with Caroline sitting up all by himself without the bumbo/bath seat...they have so much fun during bathtime together!
- FIRST time to "swim" in the pool
- He got up on all fours and rocked back and forth for the FIRST time
- FIRST time to refuse his 3rd nap of the day
- He continues to drool constantly...more teeth must be on the way
- Loves to play with books, toys that light up/make sounds, his Sophie giraffe and anything else he can chew on
- Still loves his exersaucer, shape sorter toy and stacking rings
- Matthew loves to eat! He drinks 4 bottles a day, usually about 28-32 oz. total
- I think he was going through a growth spurt this month and was eating up to 5-6 jars of baby food a day (what?!?) Now he's eating anywhere from 2-4 jars/day...usually oatmeal and/or fruit for breakfast and some variation of veggies and/or fruit for lunch and dinner
- His favorite food at the moment is pears and least favorite is green peas
- Matthew typically sleeps from 7 pm to 7:30 am and takes a 1 1/2 hour morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap
- We think Matthew will be on the move soon...he loves to rock back and forth on his hands and knees
- The Little Mister is still quite smitten with his big sister: he laughs at her a TON and is always entertained when she is close by, Caroline loves to give him toys, make him smile, play with him in the car and bath, kiss him and hold his hand, take his picture with my phone and have squealing conversations with him
- Speaking of squealing...Matthew is a pro! It is definitely his main mode of communication right now along with screaming (LOUD), laughing, and cooing. Matthew is still not babbling and the speech therapist in me is trying not to worry too much. Still, if Matthew isn't babbling by his 9 month birthday, we'll be discussing it with the pediatrician at his check-up for sure!
- Matthew is Mr. Social and one of his favorite things to do is to look at people, smile really big and squeal at the top of his lungs.
- He is understanding more words: will kick his legs when lying on his back if we say "kick, kick, kick", will bang on a toy if we say "bang, bang", looks at us if we ask him "where is mommy" "where is daddy" "where is Caroline", and he will give us big, open-mouthed kisses when we ask him for a kiss (he also loves to give us kisses voluntarily before and after he wakes up from a bedtime...it's the sweetest thing!)
- Matthew is our snuggler...and I love it! He really loves to cuddle at night before bed and will rest his head on my shoulder and wrap his left arm around my neck
- He still soothes himself by sucking his thumb when he is tired or hungry
These days, we can't get enough of Matthew's cuddles, smiles, laughter, big blue eyes and dimples! What a busy, exciting month it has been with lots of BIG changes and firsts for our little man.
We love you, Matthew!!