Monday, June 28, 2010

One Fine Day

Disclaimer: we have had the craziest past couple of weeks, and I'm way behind on blogging. Stay tuned for some catch up posts, hopefully coming soon!!
Last Tuesday was an amazing day...not only did we find out we are having a healthy baby boy, but we had a blast telling Caroline and our family. After our sonogram (which was in the afternoon), I had a very short amount of time to run a couple of important errands before our family came over for dinner and the big reveal. I had fun picking out a BLUE outfit (and of course teared up when I walked into the boy section of the store...I'm such a baby :-) I also ordered a special cookie cake for our dessert.
Some of the gang (so happy my cousin, Trey, is in town this summer for an internship...he gets to join in all the festivities)
We let Caroline open up the outfit
Hard to see in the pic below but Caroline is holding a little blue and green sweater...our family was going nuts and everyone was really excited. Caroline's first response was, "can I eat some pizza now?" I don't think she quite got it. Although, a little later she said it was great she was going to have a baby brother and she could wait to have a baby sister "tomorrow" (ha!)
Now Caroline will tell you she's having a baby brother if you ask her, and she knows that means it's a little boy. We talk a LOT about all of her little friends who have baby brothers. I think this has helped the whole thing make sense to her (as much sense as it can make to a 2 year old).

My sweet mom, who is incredibly thoughtful, brought Caroline her own present to open so she wouldn't feel left out.

Two special books all about babies and being a big sister!
She loves them and insists we read the Big Sister book multiple times a day.
All in all, it was a day I'll never forget. If you had asked me what I thought we were having even just a week before our appt, I would have said I wasn't sure. For some reason, the few days before the appt, Matt and I somehow both convinced ourselves we were having a girl. So when the sonographer said "boy", we were really shocked. It's really starting to sink in now, and we're so excited to enter into the wonderful world of boys. I have a LOT of learning to do but am looking forward to the adventure...and Matt is looking forward to lots of daddy/son golf outings (among many other things he recently listed off for me :-)

No comments: