Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Right before Thanksgiving, we had the opportunity to participate in Operation Christmas Child with our community group. We filled boxes with gifts for underprivileged children in other parts of the world. Once the boxes were assembled, we turned them into our church to be shipped out. We did a box for a little girl Caroline's age and a box for a little boy Matthew's age. Matthew didn't quite understand what was going on, but Caroline really got into it. Thanks to Pinterest, I found some fun sheets for the kids to fill out and put in their boxes. Caroline filled out her sheets all by herself...I wanted to put them on here so they would be in our blog book:

I love Caroline's answer to why she loves Jesus!!  

We got together with our community group to assemble the boxes and the dads led a neat devotional for the kids. I pray my children will always have a heart to give and serve others. I am thankful for a church that gives us wonderful opportunities to do so!

No comments: