Thursday, November 27, 2008

Caroline's First Thanksgiving

Give THANKS to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever!!!

Caroline had a fun, first Thanksgiving. She woke us up bright and early...I guess she was so excited to celebrate. She drank her morning bottle and then played in the kitchen while I finished up breakfast. We had our traditional holiday breakfast: egg-sausage casserole and coffee cake. Caroline ate baby food fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. Too bad she didn't get to enjoy any of the yummy stuff.
Playing in the kitchen
"Mommy, PLEASE pay me some attention...look... I'll clap for you"
Modeling her Thanksgiving dress

"Why am I so dressed up and Daddy is still in his pajamas?!?"

"Time to say a prayer and thank God for all of His wonderful blessings!!"
Tracing Caroline's hand for our Thanksgiving craft Here is Caroline's artwork. Caroline's hands look much bigger in the picture than they really are. This little turkey is actually really small. Isn't Caroline great at coloring between the lines? :-)
Me and Matt
We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. From Left to Right: Nanny a.k.a. Big Nanny to Caroline, Aunt Jean, Matt, my mom (Kalo) and my brother, John a.k.a. Uncle J-Rock (at least that's what he wants to be called...I think Uncle John is good :-)
Family pics: Caroline, my mom and Nanny
John and Matt (after eating...can you tell?) They are watching the Cowboys game in this pic...a tradition in our family.
Me and my broJohn and Caroline (somewhere along the way, Caroline lost her bow, dress, tights and shoes)

We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal cooked by my mom who really is the most fabulous cook I know. She made a deliciously moist roasted turkey, cornbread dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon & roasted red peppers, Commander's Palace salad, and of course sweet tea and Sister Schubert rolls. For dessert, my mom made an oreo cheesecake as a surprise for Matt (cheesecake is his favorite dessert) and a carrot cake too. I seriously think I gained back all of my post baby weight I've been trying so hard to lose. It was worth it though!! Thanks for such a wonderful meal, mom!! We watched the Cowboys game, played a riveting game of 42, then came home to put Caroline to bed. Overall, a great Thanksgiving...not because of what we ate or what we did, but because we were with our family who we love so much (we missed you Grammie, Grandpa, Uncle Marcus, and Grandad). And now...let the Christmas decorating begin...whoo hoo!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I can only imagine how great her art is going to be in a few years! I think that someone in your household is experienced in planning crafts for children that match certain concepts!
p.s. Luke can say an L now if he really concentrates!!! He says the grad student teacher taught him. Can't wait to tell his teacher that one :) kids.