Friday, November 14, 2008

Cause that's my funday

Well, it wasn't a Manic Monday but we had a fun day yesterday (Thursday). The past week and a half, I've been on "house arrest" with Caroline because she's been sick. Yesterday was her first day back to normal and feeling 100%. So I made it a point to NOT be at home. I have been going STIR CRAZY! So where did we go first? The mall of course :-) I figured it couldn't hurt to get a jump start on some Christmas shopping.

Here's Caroline ready to go. Look how happy she is to be getting out of the house. Her little doll is her most fav toy at the moment and it accompanies us everywhere we go.
I was so happy to be out of the house that I treated myself to the most delectable Mrs. Field's peanut butter cookie and...

...a REAL coke, with REAL sugar (gasp) It was so heavenly!!
After my lovely snack and some shopping, I happened to glance down and see that my wedding ring was covered in some kind of nasty, green vegetable baby food. So disgusting, I know! I walked right into the first jeweler I came to and they cleaned my rings for FREE, even though Matt had not bought them there. Awesome! Yay for Ben Bridge!
We had a great time at the mall then Caroline took a nap when we got home. When she woke up, we went outside to play with some of the neighborhood big kids. They are so much fun. Here are two pretty gals:
Hannah and Caroline (who's skin tone do you think Caroline inherited? Goodness gracious!!)
Hannah took Caroline's doll away but quickly had to give it back. Caroline was NOT happy about that. Look at her face, she's like "THIS IS MINE"
Hannah, Maddie and Caroline
Tickle, tickle!!
Hannah, Maddie, Luke and Caroline
After playing outside, it was bathtime. Look at my big girl in the big bathtub. Caroline loves her "big girl" bath. She splashes a TON and has a blast.
All clean, pretty, and ready for a night out on the town. Okay, maybe not out on the town but to dinner at Mi Cocina anyway. I guess that's a big night out for Caroline since her evenings usually consist of supper, bath, a bottle and bed.

My good friend, Katie (one of my fun roomies from college), her ADORABLE son Will, and her mom, Julie were in town so my mom, Caroline and I joined them for dinner.
Seriously, how cute is this little boy?!? I just love him. Will is quite the flirt and social butterfly. Once he was finished eating, he would wave at everyone who walked by and say "hello". So cute! He also has a full head of curly, blonde hair that is just awesome. Quick side note, Katie and Reagan (her hubby) have set up a Whiterock marathon/relay team to raise money for Scottish Rite. Check out Will's website here

Another big girl moment...this is Caroline's second time in a high chair at a restaurant. She ate dinner along with the rest of us. She's growing up so fast!
Will puttin' the moves on Caroline...she loved it!

They kept trying to hold each other's hands...it was hilarious and had us laughing so hard.
Caroline and Katie
Me and Will...two curly-headed kids
Two proud grandmothers: Julie with Will and my mom with Caroline

Thanks for eating with us Katie, Julie and Will. We had so much fun and can't wait to see you guys again soon!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura,
What a great post! I am sooo happy that you blog. It really helps me to feel connected even though so far away. I so miss all of my babies--Caroline, you, and Matt!
Much love,
Niki

Laura said...

We miss you too, Grammie!!!