Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Special Conversation

Recently, Caroline and I had a special conversation, and I want to record it for our blog book:
Caroline: Mommy, how is Jesus in Heaven in the sky and in our hearts at the same time?
Me: (thinking how in the world do you explain the Trinity and the Holy Spirit to a 3 year old) Well, after Jesus died and went to be with God in Heaven, He sent part of Himself, the Holy Spirit, to live in our hearts. That is how we can have some of Jesus in our hearts even though He lives in Heaven. Do you understand?
Caroline: Yes (yeah right :-)
Me: I'm so thankful Jesus died on the cross to save our sins. And I'm so thankful He sent the Holy Spirit to live in our hearts.
Caroline: Do you want to know what I'm thankful for? I'm thankful to God for creating the whole Earth and me and you and Daddy and Matthew. And I'm thankful God loves us. And I love God very very much.
Sweet, precious girl. How I love her so. I pray her love for God continues to grow everyday.
 

No comments: