My friend, Jennifer, awarded me recently with the "Stylish Blogger Award". I laughed out loud when I saw this because my blog is anything but stylish, and I'm still surprised when I find out other people, other than Caroline and Matthew's grandparents, read this little ole' blog. But it was very sweet of Jennifer to give me this award, and I'm very flattered. Jennifer is a friend (and sorority sister) from Baylor. I LOVE reading her blog about her three beautiful daughters. They are so adorable, and I always like seeing their cute matching outfits :-) They seem like the sweetest little girls, and I hope to meet them in person someday. Thanks for the award, Jennifer!!
Upon receiving this award, I am supposed to:
1) Thank, and link back to the person who awarded it.
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Award 10 great bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Here are 7 facts about me:
1) I auditioned for Wheel of Fortune just for fun (with my roomies) in college when the show came through Waco and held auditions. I totally got picked! Crazy! So I was on Wheel of Fortune in college. All of my roommates and mom flew out to California with me and got to sit in the audience while the show was taped. It was was of the most fun experiences! I didn't win the big prize, but I won a trip on a cruise and $1500 (which paid the taxes for the cruise :-) I took my mom with me on the cruise and we had a blast. Wheel of Fortune hooked us up and put us in the penthouse suite on the ship. I've never seen a room like that before, and we'll never forget the whole experience.
2) Matt is my high school sweetheart. We started dating our senior year of high school but broke up when he went to college in North Carolina and I went to school in Texas. We got back together right after college graduation and were married about 1 1/2 years later.
3) I love to travel, and Matt and I did this as much as we could before we had kids. Maybe in 18 years we'll travel again, ha!
4) I have a passion for reading books and always have (since I was very young). I am even in a book club but before you say I'm a nerd...you would have to meet the girls in our book club...they are very cool and the club is quite fun. I love all the books we have read so far.
5) In high school, I was in a hurry to get somewhere so I ran to my car, jumped in and started it, threw the car in reverse, then drove straight through my garage door...ALL the way through. It made a huge hole in the door that was the shape of the car. My parents were thrilled.
6) I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and am blessed to be living my dream.
7) One time, shortly after Caroline was potty trained, I sent her to church in her little dress, shoes, bow, etc...but FORGOT to put on her panties. I sent my child to church COMMANDO. I was beyond embarrassed when I picked her up from the nursery and was informed of my mistake.
And here are the bloggers I would like to award: