Thursday, November 10, 2011

'Twas the night before

...Matthew turns the big O-N-E!
Last sleep before his 1st birthday (idea courtesy of Meggan :-)

And a couple pics from Matthew's first sleep on his birth day:

 
These precious pictures bring tears to my eyes. I don't know what it is about my kids' FIRST birthdays that make me super nostalgic. I just can't believe that a year ago on this same night we were celebrating the eve of Matthew's big debut. It's very surreal. I could never have imagined how much love I would have for this sweet sweet boy or how much joy he would bring us on a daily basis. It's hard to believe that on this night, one year ago, I had never seen that adorable dimple, those big blue eyes or that mischievous grin. I can't believe I had not heard his (super) contagious laugh and funny sounds. Tomorrow, we get to celebrate one of God's biggest blessings in our lives. We love you, Matthew!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Happy birthday sweet Matthew!!! Love you- Reagan Katie will and Ellie

Meggan and Trent said...

Love it!!! And I love the flashback pictures! Happy Birthday to Matthew!!!