Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Fun

I love the change of seasons and all the new activities it brings. I end up saying every season is my favorite because each one brings a whole new set of exciting things to do. So even though Christmastime is my favorite time of year, I sure do love Fall...it's my favorite season ;-)
We've been having some Fall fun lately. Recently, we went to the Arboretum pumpkin patch with some friends from Caroline's preschool class. The Arboretum outdid themselves this year and it's amazing. So many beautiful pumpkins and, the theme this year, Cinderella's village is really neat...Caroline was in heaven.
Playing with Cecilia...
 ...and Lucy. Throwing the hay was one of the girls' favorite things to do.
 Matthew's first trip to a pumpkin patch & first time to ever see a pumpkin!!! Prepare for picture overload. I can't seem to help myself when it comes to kids and pumpkin patches...particularly babies and pumpkin patches:






 Bad squinty eye pic...we're going to have to attempt this one again

 Playing "restaurant" in one of the houses. Anyone else have a 3 year old that is obsessed with playing restaurant?
 Reading the stories:

 The biggest hit of the day...Cinderella's carriage!!!
 Our sweet friend, Clara, was with us too, but I didn't get any pics of her before my camera battery died.
We also recently went to our neighborhood's very first Oktoberfest. We didn't know what to expect because this was the first year, but it turned out to be great fun. We hope our neighborhood does it every year!
Chillin' in the stroller
 We met up with Saylor. Here are the girls waiting to have their faces painted:
 Giving Matthew some love:
 So serious!
 Caroline wanted a rainbow heart & Saylor got a matching one. They liked showing off their faces:
 The petting zoo was my favorite. I loved the two little pigs that were running around. I completely understand why George Clooney has a pet pig now, ha

 Funny aside...it REALLY bothered Caroline that the sheep (in the middle) wasn't white. She kept insisting that "God made sheeps WHITE mommy. This sheep is wrong. Sheeps are WHITE. I only like white sheeps. You know, like the ones God made"
 The bounce houses were broken up into ages so the "big kids" were in a different bouncy house. This made Caroline's day, and we couldn't get her out of here...
 ...except for when she was sliding. Which she wasn't scared of either. Matt and I were proud of her!
We ran into our friends, the Libbys, who are in our community group. This is their son, Brendan, who is Matthew's best friend (even though he doesn't know that yet :-) Isn't he so adorable?!?
Caroline always smothers him with kisses everytime she sees him
And where, might you ask, was the little one while big sis was having so much fun? Completely happy just hanging out in the stroller with his feet propped up holding his sippy cup:

Fall, we are so glad you're here!

No comments: