Matthew is 9 months old!
3/4 of the way to 1 year old...oh.my.goodness.
Matthew's 9 Month Stats:
Weight: 19 pounds, 8 ounces (40th%)
Height: 28 1/4 inches (55th%)
Head: 17 3/4 inches (45th%)
All about Matthew at 9 months old:
- as evidenced by the pics, he LOVES to play with Caroline's/his lego table
- he also loves to play with any ball, water bottle, remote control and balloon
- will give us "cuddles" before bed when we ask for them
- is crawling everywhere very fast and has fun getting into plants, Mimi and PopPop's water bowl for their dog, Abby, and any books/magazines in baskets
- waved "bye-bye" and signed "more" a few times this month when prompted but not doing either of these things consistently just yet
- started playing peek-a-boo! (see video at bottom of post)
- still takes two naps/day (a shorter one in the morning and long one in the afternoon)
- sleeps about 12 hours at night
- started eating a lot more table food and isn't choking/gagging as much (thankfully)...in fact, he doesn't love baby food too much anymore, and I have a feeling he'll be eating table foods for every meal pretty soon
- favorite foods so far: chicken nuggets from CFA, grilled cheese sandwiches, soft carrot, strawberries, blueberries, cheerios, cheese sticks and mum-mums
- least favorite foods: bananas, pears, mandarin oranges
- loves doing "downward-facing dog" yoga poses with his big sister:
...and by himself
- three more teeth popped up this month...his two top middle ones and an "i" tooth. His second "i" tooth should pop through any day now equaling 6 teeth total
- Matthew started pulling up this month and is now doing it anywhere and everywhere. This is what we see when we go in his room in the morning or after naps:
- Matthew now rides in the car with Caroline at the grocery store...they love this!
- Matthew started vocalizing more this month and we have heard some "g" and "m" sounds in addition to some different vowels but still no real babbling. We are watching him very closely for the next 3 months and if he still isn't forming consonant sounds/babbling by 1 year we're going to start some early intervention evaluations of his hearing and speech. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a speech therapist! As my sweet friend, Erica, put it...Matthew is definitely making me sweat a little! Stinker.
- Matthew is an observer when we're out and about and loves to sit back and take in the world around him (usually while sitting in my lap). At home, he is quite the explorer and actually crawls away from me to check things out. This is new for me since Caroline never left my side. Once she could crawl, she followed me around and never crawled away. And she hasn't really left my side since, ha. However, I think Matthew might be a little more adventurous...time will tell.
- he also still loves to look at us and give us that big ole' gorgeous grin of his
- Overall, Matthew seems to have a very sweet, laid-back personality. I'm thinking he's more like his daddy, ha
We sure love our little man! (see peek-a-boo video below)