Sunday, October 17, 2010

Counting Down

We are now counting down the days until Matthew's birth day. Even though I seriously can't WAIT for our baby boy to join our family, I've been very emotional lately about the fact that it won't be "just the 3 of us" much longer (I know this is a normal feeling from what lots of friends tell me but it has still surprised me). We want to make these last 4 (now 3!) weekends as a family of 3 special for Caroline. So we're going to try to do something fun as a family each weekend until Matthew is born. This weekend, we took Caroline in her wagon to a pumpkin patch near our house. I could hardly walk up the hills ;-)

We were so excited to run into our good friends, The Smiths. Caroline and Saylor were way more into the pumpkins than each other.
Filling up her wagons with pumpkins...Caroline was on a mission. When we told her we were going to the pumpkin patch she immediately said "I want to get a Daddy pumpkin, Mommy pumpkin, Caroline pumpkin and Matthew pumpkin"
So sweet!

Water break...water bottles are a current obsession.


All loaded up and ready to walk (ride) home.
Our family of four...in pumpkins :-)

2 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

So cute! And I am with you - I am having the same emotions right now. :)

the bowlin family said...

Darling dress/shirt! Darling family of pumpkins! Enjoy your moments as a family of 3, but 4 just gets better!! :)