Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's in a Name?

Caroline wants to tell you her baby brother's name! Play video below:

You heard her right...our baby boy's name is:

Matthew Joseph Krauss Jr.

I'm still not sure how to write the "Junior" part exactly...will definitely have to figure that out :-) We are SO glad Baby Boy Krauss FINALLY has a real name. It has taken us a looooong time to decide but now it's final and it has been fun to tell everyone.

Matt has always wanted to name a son "Matthew" and I love the name but it took me a long time to come around to the "Jr." part. It has grown on me though and Matt is beyond excited about it (which makes me really happy). One of the best things (in my opinion :-) about the name, Matthew, is its meaning..."gift from God". Every child is a gift from God, however, this meaning is especially important to us since Matthew was given to us as a gift from the Lord right after we miscarried our second baby.

We plan on calling our little boy Matthew...not Matt, Matty or any other abbreviated form of the name. That way we can differentiate between hubby and son. We'll see how long we achieve that goal :-) Needless to say, we cannot WAIT to meet Matthew Joseph Krauss Jr. in only 6 weeks!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the name Matthew---so cute!!!

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Now I will get busy! :)

the bowlin family said...

I love it!! Seriously, it is the PERFECT name. I promise to call him Matthew!! :)