Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day of School 2010

"Yay for school!!!"
Lunch packed and napmat & backpack ready to go!!
Caroline had her first week of school this week. She was literally so excited she kept clapping and cheering "whoo hoo for school!!" over and over. It was hard to get her to stand still or sit for a picture...too much excitement. We had a great, laid back morning. I got up before Caroline and was able to get some things done before she woke up. Matt went in to work late so he could drop her off with me on her first day...Caroline thought that was really special :-) We enjoyed Caroline's favorite breakfast...blueberry muffins! Then we took some pictures before venturing out in the torrential downpour. Because of the afore mentioned monsoon we weren't able to take the obligatory front door photo. So we took some indoor pics instead.


A quick pose with Mommy & ...
...Daddy
I didn't get ONE picture at drop-off...it was crazy and chaotic because of the rain. When I picked Caroline up she said she had a "great day". Here are some other things she told me about her first day of school:
***her favorite things about her first day of school were playing in the gym, playing with a number puzzle, and eating her heart-shaped sandwich
***she played a lot with her friend, Eleanor
***she wasn't tired for her nap so her teachers let her quietly play with a baby doll on her nap mat (her nap at school is a 1-2 hours before her normal nap...this will be a little bit of a problem this year...time to try to get Caroline on an earlier schedule I guess)
***she was sorry she went peepee on her napmat (her teachers forgot to put her pull-up on for nap...oops!)
***she loves her new teachers
***she sang the B-I-B-L-E song for her teachers
***Jonathan cried because the teacher took his lovey away because it wasn't yet nap time (it's fun to get the scoop on the class "happenings" this year :-)
Caroline's teachers send home a daily report card called the Young 2s Daily News. I love that the teachers send these home and enjoy reading it with Caroline when I pick her up. These were the notes from her two days of school this first week:
1st Day of School:
Today I was: happy, cooperative, sleepy & friendly
Potty Time: 10:30, 12:00 and an accident at 1:15
Today I liked: Gymtime & Music class
Lunch: I ate a litte
Naptime: I didn't take a nap
Notes: What a delight. She sang the B-I-B-L-E song for us.
2nd Day of School
Today I was: happy, cooperative, busy & friendly
Potty Time: 11:00 & 1:00
Today I liked: Caroline just loves school. She enjoys our music and playtime and is a very big helper.
Lunch: I ate a little
Naptime: I had trouble falling asleep but took a nap from 1:45-2:30
Notes: Very smart little lady
I missed Caroline a lot on the 2 days she was gone this week and counted down the hours until I picked her up. I found myself looking at her class schedule during the day so I could know exactly what she was doing :-) But I'm so excited about this school year and all the new, fun things she will learn!! Here's to another great school year!!

1 comment:

The B4 said...

That girl started preschool in style! Love all of her pink coordinates. She's a cutie.