Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowy Days!!

We had a record breaking snowfall yesterday/last night! It snowed for over 24 hours straight. They reported a total of 12.5 inches at the airport. We measured 10 inches on the ground in our backyard!! It was amazing!! Here are some pics of our two fun snowy days.
The trees in our neighborhood were beautiful
The front of our house...it's hard to see but the snow weighed down the tree branches that hang over our house. Matt spent over 3 hours on the roof today cutting them down.
Pictures of our backyard...DAY ONE
DAY ONE
I thought yesterday was incredible. Then when we woke up this morning, this is what our backyard looked like...DAY TWO
DAY TWO
DAY TWO: our bushes and power lines weighed down by the snow
DAY TWO: one of our patio chairs
I was like a giddy school girl when I woke up yesterday to what I thought was a ton of snow (it was nothing compared to this morning). I immediately woke Caroline up to show her the snow. She was so excited and kept pointing out the snow on everything saying, "snow on trees, snow on car, snow on steps, snow on grass"...she couldn't believe it!
I decided we needed to have snowman pancakes for breakfast. Caroline loves to help cook if it involves stirring so she helped me make the pancakes.
This is the face you'll get if you tell her to smile
I tried to decorate the snowman with whipped cream but Caroline wasn't having it. This was our final snowman pancake:
Good thing I took a "before" pic b/c it was demolished in about 2 seconds

After breakfast, we ran to Target to get some rain boots then headed to Flagpole Hill (which looked like a winter wonderland) to meet our friends, Sarah and Kingsley, for some sledding:
Sweet friends
Sarah pulling Kingsley down the hill
Caroline didn't like the sled too much...she had a hard time holding on
Building their snowman...which ended up looking like a pyramid :-) Me & my snow angel This pic totally captures Kingsley...pure joy!
Making her way up the hill in the deep snow. She did not want mommy's help! Love that flushed little cheek!
Our wooden sleds were really sticking in the snow. We met some sweet people who let us use their plastic sleds. They worked much better.


This morning, we woke up to even MORE snow. Matt's office building lost power so he had a snow day today. We spent lots of time playing outside this morning.

Caroline was knee-deep in snow. I offered to help her wade through it and she said, "No fank-oo, mommy. I do it myself." Little Miss Independent
Building a snowman

Ta-daa!!
Matt, throwing a snowball at me off the roof. He had to remove all of the branches that had fallen on our roof overnight. I was so scared he was going to fall off, and I did my best to convince him to wear a helmet. I was worried about a traumatic brain injury, of course. For some reason, he wouldn't comply :-)
Matt's parents, Abby (their puppy), and my mom came over to watch Caroline play in the snow (and warm up since they lost power at their houses)
PopPop playing catch with Abby


Mimi and Yaya
I've never seen this much snow in Dallas, and I don't know if we'll ever see this much again (at least not anytime soon). What exciting, fun snowy days we've had!!

1 comment:

SarahFifer said...

So fun - glad we got to play with you. Abby is getting so big. We need to play with her again soon.