Monday, September 2, 2013

Charleston, SC 2013

We spent the last two weeks of July in Charleston, SC visiting Matt's parents a.k.a. Mimi & PopPop. They sadly moved away from Dallas last summer due to PopPop's job. However, they sure did move somewhere fun! We packed lots of activities into the two weeks we were there: visited parks in the neighborhood, went to the beach a lot, attended Mimi and PopPop's awesome church twice, went on a culinary walking tour sans kids (this was my favorite thing!!), Matt and I went on an anniversary sunset cruise, had some nice dinners with Matt's parents, ate too much delicious food (I've decided Southern gourmet is my favorite type of food), took a boat to Ft. Sumter, went fishing, took a carriage ride downtown, visited the Children's museum, swam in the neighborhood pool, played on the pier and in the pineapple fountains, completed a summer library reading program (Caroline), and had lots of fun family time visiting together, playing games, and watching movies. Here are some pics. They're out of order but my computer was giving me a hard time, and I couldn't fix it.

























I loved seeing the beautiful, historic homes. Charleston is an incredible city, and we can't wait to go back. Thanks for having us, Mimi and PopPop!! We love you!!

No comments: