Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Red River: Part 3

Thursday
Thursday was July 4th!! My bff from Baylor, Shae, was spending the 4th at her parents' cabin in Angel Fire. So she came over to Red River with her boys, Smith and Bode, to join us for some 4th of July fun. First up...the parade! Our fave!
Anxiously waiting...
 
 
 
 

I think it's starting!

The littles were so cute waving to all of the floats!
 
 
 
 
 
 

They collected more candy than they get at Halloween! They were in candy heaven :-)

We ran into our Dallas neighbors. Such a surprise and so fun!!
Avery & Caroline

We headed to the park for a picnic and some playtime after the parade. Uncle Ronnie taught Matthew learned how to throw a Frisbee. He's pretty good!!
Thursday night we drove over to Eagles Nest to watch the firework with Shae and her family. Due to the super bright flash on my camera I wasn't able to get too many pics. The kids loved the fireworks!
 
 

 Friday
Friday morning, we met Shae and the boys again to go horseback riding! We took the bigs and my mom took the littles to the park. This was Smith and Caroline's first time to ride a horse. Caroline was a little fearful at first but quickly warmed up to it. I loved it! Brought back MANY memories of riding horses with my dad in Red River every summer. I loved snuggling with Caroline during the ride as we rode up the mountain through the pretty aspen groves. What a special memory!
 


Meanwhile, Bode and Matthew had fun at a nearby park with my mom:





Friday night, we went to our VERY favorite restaurant with my aunt and uncle. We love Sundance! It was a yummy place to end our wonderful vaycay!!
Thanks for all of the memories, Red River! We'll be back!

No comments: