Monday, August 12, 2013

Red River, NM 2013: Part 1

We were movin' and groovin' the month of July! We spent most of the month in New Mexico and South Carolina. I'm going to try to get all caught up on this ole' blog of mine over the next few days. Enjoy some pics from our travels:
Red River, NM is very near and dear to my heart. I've blogged about it in the past, but I have vacationed here many summers since I was two. My Popo built a small log cabin down by the river when my mom was a little girl. So my summer memories were made here with my fam and my mom's side of the family. We're trying to continue the tradition with my little fam now and pass on the love for RR to my kiddos. This year, Matt couldn't get off work to travel because of taking time off later in the month. The first week of July we drove to RR with my mom and met my aunt and uncle there. It was a week of fun!
Sunday
At the community house for church Discovering the goodness of rock candy from our favorite fudge shop. Oh happy day! Silly fun: One of my favorite views: Sunday, after naptime, we headed up to Cabresto Lake and Greenie Peak to have a picnic dinner. It was stormy, windy, and FREEZING:Throwing rocks in the lake Matthew and Caroline's first real hike. They did awesome and loved it. That's my mom in the blue poncho...she's such a nut!

Greenie Peak=GORGEOUS!! I kept wanting to bust out with "The Hills Are Alive" 
I told my uncle this picture of his car should be in a Suburban ad:Uncle Ronnie and my mama:
Monday
We headed to Taos to do our grocery shopping for the week.
First, we stopped at Overland to shop, play, and take some pics:

Caroline and I loved rockin' our straight hair since there is no humidity in NM :-)

After eating a YUMMY lunch at Orlandos, we headed to the Twirl Toy Store to play at their playplace. This place was amazing...so many different places to climb, jump, slide, swing, ride, etc... We stayed there for hours and the kids had a blast. 





We walked to the town square to shop some more and grab some ice cream before heading to the grocery store. It was a full day! (fyi: I wouldn't recommend giving your 2 yr old an enormous cup of chocolate ice cream knowing he's lactose intolerant...can we say stupid mommy mistake??)
He enjoyed it though:

No comments: