Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Last week marked the first week of school and Mother's Day Out for Caroline and Matthew! We started school late this year and enjoyed summer right up to the last minute. Even though we'll really miss the freedom and fun summer brings, I am excited to have structure and a routine again.
The night before the first day of school we read The Kissing Hand, The Night Before Preschool, and a story from Caroline's Storybook Bible. Matt and I said prayers with Caroline and Matthew, and we prayed for their new school year, their teachers and friends. Caroline was so excited about her first day! I got all their bags/lunches packed once the kids were asleep. Caroline doesn't need a napmat anymore (tear):

Caroline requested pancakes for breakfast so that's what we had. Matt went in to work late so he was able to join us for breakfast and first-day drop off! That was a real treat! (notice Matthew's pink bib, ha) 
 
Front door pics:

My sweet girl on her LAST first day of preschool! I just couldn't believe it while I was taking these pics. The dress she wore on her first day of school last year still fit so she wore it again. I can't believe how much more grown-up she looks (comparison pics at end of post :-). I was just really emotional thinking that this time next year we'll be taking our first day of Kinder pics. Ahhhhh! But I'm not going to rush that...for now I'm enjoying my Pre-K 4 little girl! 

And don't even get me started on how big Matthew looks so big in these pics:


 

This is one of my favorite new pics. I love how Matthew is looking at Matt. Sums up how he feels about his daddy perfectly:

Mommy's turn:
Caroline and Matthew had great drop-offs and were SO excited to be back at school (now I can't say the same for Caroline's drop-off the next day, unfortunately, but that's a different story for a different post)!
Caroline walked right in and found one of her sweet buddies, Leah:

I picked up two very happy kids at the end of the day. Unbelievably, Matthew had taken a good nap ON his napmat. How in the world his teachers got him to do that is beyond me, but I was impressed. The rest of our day was pretty busy, and I didn't take any pics. We played at the school playground with some friends, ran home to eat a quick dinner...pizza (first night of school tradition), went to soccer practice, came home to eat brownie sundaes for a fun treat, then baths and bed. Whew! It was a fun but exhausting first day. I'm so excited for Caroline and Matthew to have another fantastic year of preschool and Mother's Day Out!!! And of course, the comparison pics:





No comments: